"Inside Track" Tips to Enjoy a Day at the Races
A weekend at the track is a great vacation. Here are some tips to get the most out of your trip.
- When packing, be prepared for anything, but sunny and warm weather is the most typical. Make sure you have hats, sunscreen and light-colored, cool clothing and bring a very light jacket for cool nights at the track. If you're bringing your kids, make sure you bring an extra set of clothes and a sun hat for them too!
- Be ready to make it a weekend event and get the most out of it by planning ahead on bwracing.com. From there you can find local treasures and "must-see" attractions near the racetrack.
- Make sure you book your hotel room far in advance on bwracing.com. Race weekends are busy weekends and hotels will fill up fast! Remember, Best Western hotels have breakfast available and free high-speed Internet to make your stay more comfortable.
- Most tracks have size restrictions on the coolers you can carry in. Make sure you check the specifications of your track before you pack.
- Remember to bring a souvenir with you - the track is a GREAT place to get autographs!