BEST WESTERN INTERNATIONAL EXPECTS
TO BE LARGEST HOTEL CHAIN IN ASIA BY 2010
PHOENIX (Sept. 7, 2007) – Best Western International, already the fastest-growing hotel chain in Asia, is quickly becoming the largest hotel chain on the continent. It is on pace to have more than 200 properties by 2010 – expanding from just six hotels in 2001 to 106 today.
“Our numbers are impressive, and that is because of the way we are expanding in Asia: By forming strong local partnerships with developers who understand the history, culture and people of each country and are interested in building high-quality hotels in high-profile areas,” said David Kong, Best Western president and CEO. “Best Western is quickly becoming one of the most respected hotel brands on the continent.”
Best Western’s global sales and marketing, quality assurance and Gold Crown Club International loyalty programs are several reasons the brand is popular with Asian developers and hoteliers. “As the world’s largest hotel chain, we bring scale, reach and a billion-dollar reservation system,” said Kong.
Best Western currently has properties in:
• China. With 32 hotels either open or in the pipeline -- including two slated to be in operation in Beijing before the 2008 Summer Olympics -- Best Western is on pace to open 7 to 10 hotels per year.
• India. The chain recently signed a new master licensing agreement with Cabana Hotels. A $1.2 billion investment is expected to bring 100 hotels and 10,000 rooms to India over the next decade.
• South Korea. Best Western has 11 hotels and is the country’s largest and fastest-growing hotel chain.
• Thailand. With 11 already operating properties, Best Western aims to have up to 30 hotels in the country by 2010. Best Western’s Asia headquarters is located in Bangkok.
• Japan. Twenty-one hotels are under development in the country. When complete, the new properties will add nearly 3,000 hotel rooms to the system.
• Indonesia. Best Western recently established a development office in the country and expects to have 20 hotels within the next three years.
The chain also is operating or developing hotels in Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines.
ABOUT BEST WESTERN INTERNATIONAL
Best Western International is THE WORLD'S LARGEST HOTEL CHAIN®, providing marketing, reservations and operational support to 4,200* independently owned and operated member hotels in 80* countries and territories worldwide. Founded in 1946, this iconic brand is host to approximately 400,000 worldwide guests each night. A pioneer within the industry, Best Western is recognized for its distinctive business model and diverse hotel portfolio. The company continues to innovate and enhance both the business and leisure travel experience. For more information or to make a reservation, please visit www.bestwestern.com.
*Numbers are approximate and can fluctuate.