The Best Western Monticello Gateway Inn lies at the focal point of unique Monticello and Piatt counties, on Interstate 72 in the central Illinois community. This prairie community proudly displays sites and events continuously through the year, with a special emphasis on the 2,000 acres of native plains and upland forest that make up beautiful Allerton Park, a Registered Natural Landmark. The new hotel is 15 minutes from University of Illinois sports, arts and conference events.
Show More / Less
We feature many amenities to fulfill your needs such as a complimentary full breakfast, indoor pool, conference center, free newspaper, dataports, interior corridors, rooms and facilities to accommodate physically challenged guests, and an elevator. The Railway Museum, next to the Inn, displays 100 years of U.S. Railway history with an operating railway system.
It is the convenient, friendly place to stay when visiting Champaign, Decatur, and other East Central Illinois communities. Monticello welcomes you!
The public restrooms in our pool area are being renovated.
News from the Front Desk
Pets allowed based on the availability of pet friendly rooms. Up to 2 dogs per room with a 80 pound weight limit. Additional pet types (cats, birds, etc) may be accepted at the hotel's discretion. Pet rate is $10 per pet per day with a $100 per week maximum.
“Worst Motel I Ever Experienced”
Houston, Texas on 14-Sep-17
Why am i writing a review of a motel 95% of readers will never have cause to visit? The reason is this hotel was so terrible I want to alert the other 5%.
1. The door on my room was broken so would...
We had to pay the price since our grandson was being married there but there were no other competitive hotels in the area. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The indoor pool was very nice...
Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items
Indoor pool Heated
Meeting Facilities, total measurement 2500 sq.ft. maximum 200 guests
Fax services nominal fee
24-hour front desk
Elevator, wheelchair accessible
Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
Multilingual staff, Indian and Spanish
Laundromat Do it yourself laundromat.
Express check out
Late check out
Safe deposit box
Business center, open 24-hours
Parking for the physically challenged and ramp
Gift shop or newsstand
Public Space ADA Accessible Features:
Accessible parking spaces and signage (car and van)
Accessible parking space that is 96-inches wide with an appropriate access aisle
An accessible route that allows for approaching and entering the hotel
An accessible lobby entrance door
Interior routes to public spaces that do not have abrupt level changes
An accessible reception desk or accessible folding shelf or reception area
Accessible table in eating area
The eating area has self-service shelves and dispensing devices within reach range
Public restrooms accessible
Guest Room Communication Assist Features:
Telephones have volume control
Visual fire alarms
Visual smoke alarms
Lowered door viewers for wheelchair accessibility
Telephone available for hearing impaired
Cable satellite television
AM/FM alarm clock
Iron, ironing board
Free local calls under 30 minutes
Extended Stay Rooms includes queen bed, separate room with microwave, refrigerator, sink, recliner, table, and outside deck access. This room is perfect for a vacation, transition, college student, or a business traveler
Microwave in all guest rooms
Refrigerator in all guest rooms
DVD player in some guest rooms
VCR rental, Available at the front desk
Air Conditioning in all guest rooms
Adjoining rooms available
High-speed Internet access
In-room safe available $1.50
Non-smoking Rooms: 37
Wheelchair accessible available
Guest Room Mobility Accessible Features:
Accessible doors and doorways (at least 32-inches of clear width passage)
Accessible bathrooms and features, including shower/tub