BEST WESTERN® HOTELS & RESORTS CITES INCREASED GUEST
SATISFACTION SCORES FROM MOBILE GUEST ENGAGEMENT
TOOL PILOT; LAUNCHES ACROSS FULL SYSTEM
Innovative Platform Gives Travelers Streamlined Check-in and Check-out Processes,
Local Destination Information, Connection to BWR® Loyalty Program and More
PHOENIX (November 9, 2017) – Best Western Hotels & Resorts today announced the global launch of its new Best Western Mobile Guest Engagement Platform. Now utilized by 360 Best Western properties, with technology partner Runtriz, the platform provides web-based guest communications tools pre-arrival, on property and at check-out, all without the necessity of downloading a smartphone application. Based on initial results, the program is now available at all Best Western-branded hotels across the globe.
Best Western members that tested the platform have reported significant increases in guest satisfaction, overall experience, and increased room revenue through native upselling and advertising functions. Notably, Medallia Net Promoter Scores (NPS) have increased by as much as 18 points for guests using the platform’s mobile requests feature. RevPAR has increased nearly $1 for every two-point NPS increase.
“Best Western is a leader in developing and deploying cutting-edge technology that delivers ROI to our members and enhances the guest experience, and this has remained a key priority for us throughout our brand refresh, as we’ve stepped up our offerings to today’s travelers,” said Ron Pohl, Senior Vice President and Chief Operations Officer of Best Western Hotels & Resorts. “We believe this is the beginning of a true evolution in guest communication, and we look forward to what is to come down the road.”
Key features and benefits of the platform include:
- Convenient Check-in/Check-out – Guests will enjoy a streamlined check-in and check-out process, including convenient late check-out functions.
- Custom Communication – Guests may choose to communicate with the system and staff through email or text message.
- Building Loyalty – Guests will have access to convenient sign-up links and integration with Best Western Rewards® (BWR®) – Best Western’s award-winning loyalty program.
- Easy Upgrades – Guests may enhance their experience by purchasing upgrades and additional services.
- Initiate Guest Services – Guests can quickly request service and support via open, text-free response forms.
- Local Information – Guests will have access to TripAdvisor®-driven content including up-to-date, convenient information on local restaurants, hot spots and sightseeing options.
- International Content – Guests will receive information tailored to each property’s location in guests’ preferred language.
- Simple Staff Management – Hotel management can quickly respond to guest requests, make staff-to-staff requests, filter requests, respond through any device regardless of location – and track and monitor all activity – all through an easy-to-use request-management system.
- Integrated Transportation – Guests can request a ride with Uber directly through the mobile platform.
"Our job at Runtriz is to make sure hotels have the tools to be wherever their guests are throughout the travel journey, and leverage mobile, texting, email and voice to provide a seamless experience that keep guests coming back," said Matt Allard, CEO and Co-founder of Runtriz.
“We continually strive to help hotels provide a memorable, convenient, and amazing experience for their guests when staying at a hotel. The Runtriz platform empowers travelers to easily find what they're looking for by adapting to user behavior and preferences across all digital and voice channels,” said Alonso Vargas, President and Co-founder of Runtriz.
In addition to rolling out the Mobile Guest Engagement Platform across all properties, Best Western is also now testing integration with Amazon Dot – a voice-controlled, intelligent personal assistant. That feature is currently being tested at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms in Oceanside, California.
For more information, visit runtriz.com.
About Best Western® Hotels & Resorts:
Best Western Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,200† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 11 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vīb®, GLō®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, BW Premier Collection®, and BW Signature CollectionSM by Best Western; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay® Hotel by Best Western, SureStay Plus® Hotel by Best Western and SureStay CollectionSM by Best Western. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western number one in upper-mid-price and mid-price hotel brands, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won nine consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA/CAA’s nearly 58 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Best Western-branded hotels were top ranked in J.D. Power’s 2017 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study – ranking first in breakfast (food and beverage category) for midscale; and second in overall guest satisfaction. Over 32 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.
* All Best Western and SureStay-branded hotels are independently owned and operated.