Hotels in San Diego
Living is easy in sunny San Diego. With year-round temperate weather, blue skies, 70 miles of sandy beaches, and Pacific Ocean breezes, this Southern California town attracts nearly 34 million yearly visitors from around the world. Spend a day on the water sunbathing, cycling the boardwalks, or shopping downtown and touring the city’s many historic Spanish-style buildings. No matter your interests, there is a beach for you in San Diego.
Let’s start in Mission Bay where there’s fun for the whole family. Home to the original SeaWorld®, the kids will love rides and sea life encounters at this world famous aquatic park. For even more water fun, Mission Bay Park offers 27-miles of coastline and endless activities like sailing, kite surfing, and picnicking.
The historic and expansive Balboa Park is centrally located and hosts a variety of attractions across 1,200 acres: including the world renowned San Diego Zoo, the Veteran’s Museum at Balboa Park, San Diego Museum of Art, Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and the San Diego Air & Space Museum. While touring the park, view historic and Spanish-Renaissance style buildings along the El Prado Walkway, stop along the Cabrillo Bridge or ride the Balboa Park Carousel.
Adventures continue at Belmont Park where you can ride the Giant Dipper roller coaster, climb the rock wall or wade in the wave pools. Later, stroll along the nearby 3-mile boardwalk in Pacific Beach for funky bars, restaurants and surf.
Take a walk down Newport Avenue lined with restaurants, artist studios, and eclectic vintage and antique shops. Bring your furry friend to Dog Beach where he or she can roam off-leash, splash in the waves and meet plenty of canine friends.
Southern San Diego
Head down to the southernmost part of San Diego to view the Old Point Loma Lighthouse located in the Cabrillo National Monument. Standing on top of a 400-foot cliff, the lighthouse was one of the first to be built on the west coast. Round out the day atop the bluffs at Sunset Cliffs National Park for stunning sunsets and ocean views. Then take a moonlight cruise aboard Bahia Belle, an old-fashioned Mississippi Riverboat.
To The North
Drive north for a day trip to La Jolla, Del Mar or Carlsbad. Watch baby seals being born in La Jolla Cove throughout the spring and early summer, or continue up the coast and play a round at Torrey Pines Golf Course. Further north, Del Mar and Carlsbad are beautiful seaside communities where you’ll find some of the country’s best thoroughbred horses, LEGOLAND®, and unbeatable sunset views over the Pacific.
Across the Big Bay from downtown San Diego is iconic Coronado Island. Mica sparkles across the soft, sandy beaches which give way to Coronado’s namesake, “The Crown City,” in Spanish. Arrive across the San Diego-Coronado Bridge, and you’ll be pleasantly greeted by lush gardens, quaint beach houses, old-world mansions and stunning views of the ocean and city skyline.
Rent a bike and feel the ocean breeze along the beachfront boardwalk. Hit the shops, theaters and galleries along Orange Avenue and Ferry Landing.
Located minutes from the airport, get around downtown San Diego by trolley or foot. Shop boutiques, grab a drink at a rooftop bar in the Gaslamp Quarter or indulge in some retail therapy at Seaport Village. Explore "America's Finest City" along the boardwalk at Embarcadero Marina Park, tour the USS Midway Museum, hop on the Coronado Ferry, or see a show at Lyceum Theatre.
Sports fans can head out to a ball game for the San Diego Padres at PetCo Park or root for the NFL’s San Diego Chargers.
For a relaxed or action-packed southern California beach getaway, stay at one of Best Western’s San Diego hotels.
- Best Western Continental Inn
- Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge
- Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel
- Best Western Seven Seas
- Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn
- Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
- Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town
- Best Western Santee Lodge
- Best Western Plus Suites Hotel Coronado Island
- Best Western Escondido Hotel
- Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites at Moonlight Beach
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
- Best Western Mission Bay
- Best Western Americana Inn
- Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn
- Best Western Oceanside Inn
- Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel
- Best Western Otay Valley Hotel
- Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms Hotel
- Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego
- Best Western Premier Del Mar Inn Hotel
- Best Western Carlsbad by the Sea
- Borrego Springs Resort & Golf Club, BW Premier Collection
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western El Cajon
- SureStay Plus Hotel Chula Vista West
- SureStay Hotel by Best Western San Diego Pacific Beach
- WorldHotels Elite Collection La Casa Del Zorro
Popular Nearby Destinations
- Current Location
- Recent Searches
- No places found for the term
Rewards PointsThis rate is available to Rewards members who have earned enough points to redeem (Maximum occupancy of 2 adults not including children.)
Government / Military
Destination has Changed
You will be redirected to the Hotel Search Results page.