- Current Location
- Recent Searches
- No places found for the term
Best Western Reward PointsThis rate is available to Best Western Rewards members who have earned enough points to redeem (Maximum occupancy of 2 adults not including children.)
Destination has Changed
You will be redirected to the Hotel Search Results page.
Nine Excellent Fishing Areas in AR
Arkansas is home to some of the nation's most outstanding fishing and boating – scenically set throughout the Ozarks, the Arkansas Delta, and southern regions of Arkansas.
Here are nine of the Natural State's best fishing areas:
1. Anglers continually enjoy casting out on 13,800 acres of freshwater at DeGray Lake Resort State Park, featuring a bevy of walleye, crappie, bream, and catfish.
2. White Oak Lake State Park has an intriguing reputation for housing some of Arkansas’ largest fish.
3. Aside from the outstanding fishing, Lake Frierson State Park also houses some outstanding outdoor recreation along the shores of the 335-acre reservoir.
4. Lake Conway just happens to be the largest man-made game and fish commission lake in the U.S., sitting on 6,700 acres of bass, catfish, bream, and crappie.
5. Cast out your lines in the 640-acre Lake Poinsett State Park, scenically set atop Crowley’s Ridge in the northeastern part of the state.
6. Hook, line, and sinker – Moro Bay State Park; the conjecture of Moro Bay and Raymond Lake, is one of the most popular fishing spots in the region.
7. Not only is Lake Chicot is the largest oxbow lake in North America, but it’s also the largest natural lake in Arkansas.
8. Test your luck at Bear Creek Lake, a 625-acre man-made lake with a wealth of big-time catches.
9. “There’s plenty more fish in the sea” at Lake Ouachita, Arkansas’ largest lake at over 40,100 acres.