You will be redirected to the Hotel Search Results page.
We've tracked down some of greatest fishing holes set throughout northern, southern, central, and coastal Georgia. So pack your fishing rod, your tackle box, and cast out your lines for ample fishing in the Peach State.
Here are 10 great places to fish in GA:
1. Bigmouth bass, bluegill, sunfish, and crappie call Big Lazer Creek home – for now – in central Georgia.
2. Don’t let the name fool you; Flat Creek is one of the most excellent public fishing areas near Perry.
3. Just outside of Waynesboro, McDuffie Fish Hatchery houses seven different ponds chock full of plenty of big-time catches.
4. Visit Rocky Mountain – not those Rocky Mountains – for 500 acres of pristine boating and fishing just north of Rome.
5. 3,300-acre Lake Blue Ridge is an absolute must-see for boaters traveling in northern Georgia and East Ellijay.
6. Lake Lanier features over 38,000 acres of waters just north of Atlanta. That’s a lot of fish to be caught.
7. Found between Ashburn and Valdosta, Paradise Public Fishing Area is charming lake, ideal for a quick cast off.
8. Come to Lake Seminole for 37,000 acres of fishing and boating – stay for Seminole State Park, home to even more lakeside activities.
9. Located near Albany, Lake Chehaw was originally formed for hydroelectric power, but southern Georgia fishermen have since found another use.
10. Cumberland Island National Seashore is the largest of Georgia’s Golden Isles on the beautiful coastline, and is the home to numerous lakes, creeks, ponds, beaches, and more – great for fishing near Kingsland.
Located in southern Georgia, Paradise Public Fishing Area is charming retreat for fishermen of all skill levels. Paradise PFA frequently draws visitors from neighboring towns like Ashburn and Valdosta for the ample amounts of largemouth bass, bluegill, channel catfish, crappie, and more.
Paradise PFA also houses boat launches, docks, and an outstretched fishing pier as well. Further outdoor recreation includes hiking, picnicking, and waterfowl hunting when in season with the proper license.