Our Commitment To Keeping You Safe And Healthy With Industry-Leading Cleaning Standards
As the world begins to gradually reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal guests back to our hotels while meeting your health and wellbeing standards. When you are ready to travel again, we understand that you will understandably have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness when it comes to your choice of accommodations.
For nearly 75-years, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has been an industry leader in our reputation for providing you with clean, well-maintained accommodations. At the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, we were among the first in the industry to roll out standards and best practices to enhance our cleaning protocol. Now, as part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you safe and healthy during these challenging times, we have expanded on those industry-leading cleaning standards with the launch of the new We Care CleanSM program.
Based upon guidance provided by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel.
When you next stay with us, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals; while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. The We Care Clean program addresses five key areas in our hotels:
1. Front Desk and Lobby:
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, wellness best practices signs will be prominently posted, and all lobby brochures, magazines and papers will be removed.
- Enhanced sanitisation procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitising stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. If possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be by request.
3. Temporary Breakfast Offerings:
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize your health and safety, including:
- Breakfast offerings that comply with local regulations, with breakfast rooms closed where required to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- Enhanced ‘Grab & Go’ offerings will be implemented in most hotels providing guests with pre-packaged food and beverage options.
- Hotels may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated breakfast to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces, and cross contamination.
4. Public Amenities:
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centres, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitised with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators or ultraviolet devices.
- Hand sanitiser or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
5. Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols in Guest Rooms and Public Spaces
Leveraging the latest tools, cleaners and technology aimed at killing COVID-19
Reduce Areas Of Potential Cross-Contamination
From modifying our breakfast options and removing unnecessary items from our guest rooms.
Personal Protective Equipment
Hotel personnel will follow strict guidelines including wearing masks and gloves.
Hand sanitisers or wipes provided to guests and employees in public areas.